Wednesday, March 29, 2006

This cutting costs thing is really getting on my nerves. I got damn pissed at my parents just now lah. I passed my mum the newsweek subscription thing to fill out, and next thing I know, my dad is pounding away at my door, quite determined to knock it down I imagine. Like wth man. They were shouting at me cause it was so expensive. Like its my fault only. And they kept saying that I should just share it with someone else from class. And they don't get that everyone already has their own subscription already and I'd be the class charity case. Its not like we can't afford it.. Seriously. I think its just having to spend so much on me at one go, what with the graphical calculator all. They get Adrian everything he wants and I get shouted at. Like wtf. They give him 400 bucks a month for his ciggarettes and alchohol and what not. And they can't cough up 200 bucks for a newsweek subscription for 2 years.

Dad was going on and on about how when he was in school everyone queued up for hours at the library for one silly book. Like I really have all the time in the world to stand around waiting for newsweek. Then when I got damn fed up at them nagging and said I'd pay for it myself, another tirade started. I really just wanted them to stop shouting so much, and they took it as being damn rude. I give up lah. I hate being at home nowadays. They're always knocking on my door for stupid stupid things just to irritate me. Like their day isn't complete if they don't break my concentration 47628 times. Its a wonder I managed to pass O's.

Anyway, as I was fuming, I came up with a list of things my parents find perfectly normal to spend on, as opposed to an utterly ridiculous newsweek subscription.

1. Buying mum 4 pairs of shoes a month.
2. Spending $1750 at NTUC to redeem a $100 dollar pot. (What a bargain)
3. Expensive face stuff that mum develops allergies to after like 1 use.
4. Changing the almost brand new house towels and bedsheets every 3 months.
5. New work clothes every month. (Cause heaven forbid you're seen in the same outfit twice)
6. Taking cabs back from work everyday.
7. Re-painting the house every year. In the same colour.

I could sit here and think of a million more, but I've more or less calmed down. Though its gonna be a while before I have a decent conversation with either one of them. Annoying-ness.

No comments: